Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Statens Museum for Kunst



Last week I went to the State-run art museum in the city center. I've been to so many museums in Denmark, it's kind of funny that I waited so long to go to the big national one right here in Copenhagen. There is a an older building (Vilhelm Dahlerup 1896) and an addition (Anna Maria Indrio 1998). The addition is attached to the old building by a full height atrium space (shown above) which is pretty nice, but probably hard to curate. Several small sculptural works all but disappeared in the huge room... but the overall effect with the park views on both sides and the exposed back facade of the original building is quite nice. I might have museum fatigue at this point, because the whole place left me feeling just a bit indifferent.

No comments: