Tuesday, November 11, 2008

* * * November 4th * * *



Last week I went to an election party at a little travelers cafe/bar with a few American friends. The place was pretty packed with American ex-pats as well as Danes and others, all gathered to watch live coverage on CBS. Everyone was drinking American pale ale, popcorn was free and the energy was high. I would have liked to have been in Seattle with the time clock on my side though... just about 4 am rolled around and things were still not settled on this side of the world. That was about as late as I could go! It was cool to hear people all over the city talking about the election... even though Danish is Greek to me, I overheard the words "Obama" and "McCain" all day! Good times!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh dear! All across the world. I am glad you had a place to party where everyone was engaged. Nothing has made me so acutely homesick as watching elections turn (one went to Bush in France) from far away. Anyway, Nate, I love the flag dots. Did you make that? It's lovely. Wish you were here this week--I am debuting my ukelele career at the Hopvine on Wednesday night and I am trying to rally the troops! I've decided to take the Uke b/c it can sit on my belly as it grows and i won't have to reach all the way around. I digress, but end with OOOOOO!