Monday, November 24, 2008

Louisiana Museum in Snow




In the city on Friday night it snowed quite beautifully. I knew it would be a good weekend to take a last trip to the Louisiana Musuem, so I spent Sunday wandering around the sculptures in the snow photographing the building and then went through several of the new exhibitions. I hadn't been to the museum since September and the gallery with a view to the pond was considerably different--from green leaves and greenish colored water to yellow leaves and a layer of ice on the water. The museum was packed with people and the restaurant seemed busy all day long. They had a nice wood fire going and the nearby tables were hot real estate. After wandering for a few hours I took a break and watched a 1980's Japanese animated feature film called AKIRA which was on view as part of an exhibit called Manga (Japanese comics). Pretty cool... I hadn't seen that one in a long long time--surrealist sci-fi biker-gang apocalypse.

1 comment:

Delane said...

Oh, so wonderful, you did get to see the Louisana with snow on the ground. During our visit,in August, we envisoned ourselves sitting in one of the beautiful rooms,imagining how peaceful and serene it would be,snow covered, with the warmth of the fireplace surrounding us and the starkness of nature in our view.
I wish I could have been there.
mom