Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Global Positioning



I am back from five days of museum-hopping. With a GPS aboard the rental car, it was almost relaxing driving to and from each destination. Just type in the address and do what the nice GPS lady says--and bamm! you're there. So so great. I know this is old technology, but man I am just getting to take advantage. Currently, I am working on a printed booklet (that I will make available for download) documenting all the museums I visited. So, for the blog posts I will put some of the random-ish other or additional things from the trip. And by the way, I can now highly recommend couchsurfing.com. I couch surfed with two different hosts along the way and it was just fantastic... I met 3 friendly Danes a good-natured Lithuanian, and a Slovak kitten. Perfect! Oh, also, I stayed with my friend Mark's parents in northern Denmark and that was great too! They roasted a whole chicken and over wine we talked American politics and all sorts of this and that. Thanks Niels, thanks Susan.

2 comments:

Delane said...

Hi Honey;
You are the envy of so many of us. What an adventure, and couchsurfing? Who would have thought of such a thing? I wonder if I could host some couchsurfers in the Sunshine State? I am looking forward to your postings!
love you, mom

Anonymous said...

Nate! Love your "work" although you make it look like pretty strictly fun!!! Too bad it has to end, but I have a feeling you'll find some way to keep it up wherever you go.
Love,
Uncle John